Custom Handmade 5/6 string Banjo. Unique
Custom Handmade 5/6 string Banjo. Unknown maker. Unique
USED, VG condition
Click on the little magnifying glass on the main image and slide left and right to view all items easily.
- Listing something unusual and quite unique is what I can best describe as a custom hand built or purpose built instrument for a particular player who sadly is no longer with us, approx 20+ years ago.
Although no makers mark or any indication of when or who it was built by other than the Elton stamped arm rest.
Obviously very good quality parts and materials went into this build. Can be used as a 5 or 6 string banjo.
Being offered at a very reasonable and attractive price.
I will do my best to describe this instrument.
ATTENTION Experienced and knowledgeable BANJO PLAYERS,
your input and comments are very much welcomed to determine any helpful information on 6th tuning peg feature.
- Overall length 36″, Scale length 25″
- Drum size 11 1/2″ , Resonator , rear diameter 12 1/2″ Mahogany laminate
- 5 piece laminated neck, Mahogany, ebony, maple
- Ebony fingerboard, pegface and heel cap.
- 5th tuner at the 5th fret position, 6th tuner at the 15th fret position.
- Banjo tuning 5th string – G, 4th string – D, 3rd string – G, 2nd string – B, 1st string – D.
with what I assume for the 6th tuner being a high D
- This instrument was once fitted with an internal pickup and output on the side of the resonator
If anyone can shed info, please contact.
- An interesting and affordable well made instrument. Comes with hardcase.
Please contact with your inquiries.
If you would like to know more, you can email either via the contact page or directly at M.Skehan@greatguitars.com.au
Feel free to also phone on +61 412 438 478, or 0412 438 478
You can purchase and payment can be made by direct business account transfer or you may request a PayPal invoice.
Or, you can email me directly if you wish to discuss trades or lay-buy terms.
Thanks for looking.