1959 Vintage Isana Deluxe Archtop Jazz guitar German VGC with case
Vintage 1959 Isana Deluxe Archtop Jazz guitar
Made in Germany
1959 / August
Click on the little magnifying glass on the main image and slide left and right to view all items easily.
Very Good condition.
Made in Germany.
Made by Isana (Josef Sandner) in West Germany. Josef Sandner was one of the expelled luthiers originally from Schönbach (today in the Czech Republic) who settled in West Germany after 1945 and set up shop there. Isana guitars are very rare.
Josef Sandner is believed to have produced these guitars either alone, or in a small-workforce workshop.
The most famous Isana archtop was purchased for Elvis by his father while he was stationed in Germany in 1958. There are many photos and referenced to the Black pearl Elvis Isana on the internet and well worth have a look around for this information.
This particular guitar is Brunette / Antique-burst finish.
– Body and top: Laminate maple,
– Neck: Maple with darker centre strip laminate. oak perhaps.
– Fretboard: Rosewood – Nut width 43mm at nut base
– Neck profile is very much a D shape with a flattened back.
– Inlays and headstock veneer: Pearloid
– Pickguard: Original Pearloid
– Soundhole binding, celluloid
– Tailpiece: Trapeze
– Scale: 640mm
– Body Length: 52cm
– Body width Lower bout: 41cm
– Body Thickness, side 8cm
– Bridge: Rosewood
– Case: Original Hard shell
– Weight: 2.07 kg
The sound is percussive, bright, Jazzy, with good volume projection, very similar and typical of the German made archtops of the period, such as Hofner , Framus and others.
- A very nice interesting guitar for consideration into your vintage guitar collection.
- The guitar condition is remarkable, very good – Excellent collectable and playable. Minor marks and small front bruises but extremely high rating for it’s years.
- Comes with original hardcase.
If you would like to know more, you can email either via the contact page or directly at M.Skehan@greatguitars.com.au